The BLS for Healthcare Providers – Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
In this class students will learn the following:
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
• CPR with an advanced airway*
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.